RF Systems Engineer - RAN5 Standards
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the outstanding and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day! Apple's RF Systems Engineering Team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated RF Systems Engineer that can make technical contributions towards 4G, 5G and upcoming Cellular test specifications. You will actively attend and participate in 3GPP (LTE and 5G-NR) RAN5 meetings.
- Experience and deep understanding of System Level RF Parameters, RF component characteristics and their behavior
- Solid understanding of at least one Cellular Wireless technology including GSM, UMTS, CDMA or LTE, 5G
- Good understanding of 3GPP standardization process and a background in 3GPP standardization in RAN5 is a significant plus
- Understanding of Antenna characteristics impact to Radiated testing; familiarity with Radiated test setups and Radiated chamber calibration and use
- Experience with RF lab test equipment
- Strong communications and organizational skill and the ability to multitask across various fields and tasks
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Energy and Passion to thrive in a start-up like environment
You will actively participate in 3GPP RAN5 standards meetings and steer/support RF Wireless system & Compliance Engineering organization. You will collaborate with vendors, technology suppliers and cross-functional partners in making technical contributions towards 4G & 5G specifications in RAN5. You will define RF HW test requirements, design and implement in-house test systems, debug and resolve issues, and manage the processes to ensure Apple products conform to all applicable standards. You will be part of a team defining and doing research of next generation cellular standards.
Education & Experience
MS in Electrical Engineering with 5 years or above of relevant work experience OR PhD with 3 years or above in Electrical Engineering.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.