OS Build Quality Engineer
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Software and Services
The Central Quality Engineering team is seeking an OS Build Quality Engineer. We are responsible for the quality and stability of our daily builds for various platforms with special emphasis on application-level functionality. We're looking for organized, critical thinkers who would like to play a key role in driving the testing and coordination of QA effort across multiple platforms, including iOS and macOS.
- A keen eye for quality
- 2+ years of experience working in Software development and testing
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to investigate, debug and triage difficult problems and independently work towards results
- At ease and adaptable in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with peers, management, development teams, and other organizations within Apple
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
- Enthusiasm for user-focused design & high-quality technology
- Knowledge in one or more Scripting or Programming Languages including Swift, Objective C, Python.
- English fluency both written and spoken. No Japanese skills required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills, and a deep interest in Software Quality. You will be responsible for functional testing (manual and automated) of first-party applications on iOS and macOS. You will design and implement test plans, test cases, risk analysis, and integration testing across Apple platforms. You will need to identify, escalate, and communicate key build quality issues, and work towards resolutions on the critical issues affecting the build quality. Other responsibilities include end-to-end testing of small and large scale software features across multiple platforms, designing and reviewing tests and coverage plans in alignment with different QA teams.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.