Mixed-Signal IC Product Engineer (Japan Design Center)
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? This position at Tokyo Technical Design Center gives you an opportunity to be a part of the most cutting edge and key projects that Apple’s Silicon Engineering Group has embarked upon to date. Your experience and innovative ideas will influence the design of the next generation. The position of Mixed-Signal IC Product Engineer is responsible for mass production of new IC. This includes characterization and qualification of new IC; Definition and validation of manufacturing test processes; Failure analysis and implementation of corrective actions; Yield improvement efforts.
- The ideal candidate should have 7+ years of product engineering experience.
- Knowledge of IC manufacturing process. (i.e., Wafer process, Test, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in production control process, data validity check /interpretation and statistical analysis.
- High volume product yield management.
- Ability to define and direct design of experiment to identify the root cause of failure.
- Experiences in planning and generating the report for characterization and qualification.
- Have coding/scripting skills (Python, Perl, Shell, etc.)
- Knowledge of product design basics and experience to work directly with design teams.
- Business level English communication skills to work with internal team members and external suppliers
Define and implement mass production processes and provide support to fab/backend sites for smooth production. Perform data analysis, characterization, qualification, and fault isolation to identify the root cause of any issues. Work with design, manufacturing process, and test engineers to identify and implement corrective actions on both new and mature products and technologies. Define and finalize production screening guard-band specifications based upon design intent, characterization and qualification result. Perform statistical data analysis on mass data set. Perform electrical failure analysis by using test equipment and coding evaluation program. Perform yield analyses and correlation analyses for all levels of test - Pareto building, statistics, etc. Additional tasks might be required depending on business situation.
Education & Experience
BSEE/MSEE or equivalent is required
- Experience in handling ATE test program or other evaluation testing tool for characterization, electrical failure analysis and data collection is plus.
- Analog and digital IC high volume manufacturing experience is plus.
- Experience in analog design or digital design is plus.