Video Editor - APAC
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Apple Media Products (AMP) is a growing global marketplace for music, movies, TV, podcasts, books – and, of course, apps. We are looking for a creative Video Editor to join the AMP International Motion + Video team. The AMP Motion + Video team is responsible for the conception and production of motion graphics and video content for App Store, Apple Music, and Apple TV. In this role you will work closely with Apple’s product design and content teams to ensure the highest standards of development and implementation of world-class video.
- You have a proficiency of editing platforms FCPX, Premiere, Avid.
- Experience and understanding of post-production workflows.
- Proficiency in supporting applications such as After Effects, Photoshop, Resolve.
- An understanding of compression guidelines to meet proper delivery specifications.
- A passion for mobile gaming and iOS game culture.
- Understanding of, and ability to run the creative review process.
- Knowing how to address creative notes (directly/indirectly) so as not to destroy the underlying structure of what works well.
- Ability to maintain a highly organized project, from initial edit through various localization deliveries.
- Expert editor through a wide variety of productions (TV, documentary, marketing/social, corporate).
- Comfortable with both live action and animation storytelling.
- Understanding of deliverables across multi-platforms and aspect ratios.
- Passion for story structure and an eye for detail.
- Forethought for the end-users’ experience.
- Strong collaboration skills, team-focused.
- Strong creative mind to work alone and deliver results.
- Understanding of time management and project breakdown.
- Ability to simplify communication (verbally and as a visual storyteller)
- Passionate about the Apple brand and relentless in preserving its authenticity
This role requires working on a range of deliverables across multiple product, content, experiential and communication platforms while collaborating with other creative teams to deliver compelling original content, across multiple geos within APAC. You will have a real passion for storytelling, design, media and technology. The video editor role will support a range of briefs, encompassing projects utilizing game capture, to original, short form, and branded motion graphics animation content across Apple’s media services. The Video Editor will be responsible for manipulating and editing footage together in a way that matches a creative brief and tells a cohesive story.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. * Reel required. * 5-7+ years experience (Production, Agency, or comparable). * Fluency in English and Japanese required. * Role to be based in Tokyo. Open to candidates who are willing to relocate.