Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Come join Edge Services, the team that architects, engineers, develops, builds and operates Apple's Content Delivery Network. We operate like a small team, so you can have a lot influence and hopefully have fun in helping us build our services. As a member of the Edge Services team you will help build things that are used by hundreds of millions of people, every single day.
- 3+ years hands-on experience with distributed systems infrastructure.
- Experience with DevOps and/or SRE production environments.
- Experience with software release management.
- Solid UNIX skills (Linux and/or FreeBSD).
- Knowledge of HTTP, content routing, and caching systems.
- Experience with system-level performance and functional testing.
- Experience with interpreted languages (e.g. Shell, Python, Perl).
- Experience with compiled languages, (e.g. Golang, C/C++).
- Experience with open source software, and associated communities.
- Knowledge of large-scale networking, network security, and best practices.
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols (e.g. DNS, NTP, BGP, IPv6).
- Working knowledge with systems orchestration software (e.g. Salt, Puppet, Ansible).
- Experience with automated software frameworks; CI systems at a minimum (e.g. Jenkins).
- Experience with system monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of operating systems deployment methods (e.g. kickstart) a plus.
Apple is looking for a DevOps Software Engineer to join our CDN team. This person will need to excel in a dynamic fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and communicate across a complex, global infrastructure. This person must be a collaborative team player that will work across cross-functional groups and have a sound business approach for supporting a global deployment. We’re looking for engineers with an appropriate balance of experience and interest in distributed systems and release management practices. Some of your early challenges might include: Adding automation to drive our regular CDN software releases, and developing software to drive automation in our build processes, as well as troubleshooting some of our more complex system issues. Further challenges might include participating on implementation teams to integrate new designs into production releases. This position will also directly interface and coordinate with our internal and external partners.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field; 5+ years industry experience in lieu of degree.
- - Business level English, both spoken and written is a must.
- - Proven ability to think criticality and quickly learn new technologies.
- - Ability to work independently but also within a team environment.
- - Creative problem-solving skills.
- - Superb communication skills, with experience working across remote teams.
- - An exceptional team player, with a deep passion for improving the customer experience.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, giving everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.