Compensation Services Team Lead
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Reporting to the Compensation Services (CS) Manager, the key responsibility will be the site team (Payroll and Ben Admin) lead for CS in Japan in addition to being the SME for Statutory Reporting for all GAPAC
- 5-7 years experience in managing/supervising Japan payroll operation
- Familiar with Japan labour and tax legislation with focus on compliance
- Analytical and detail oriented, deliver accurate, timely and quality work within payroll and statutory filing deadlines
- Strong leadership skills to inspire others and contributes positive energy
- Customer-focused, team player with strong business partnering, communication and people skills in working with cross-functional/regional teams.
- Strong problem-solving and time management skills, with ability to work independently on payroll and vendor performance issues
- Strong in thinking differently, focused on improvements
- Languages: Communicate effectively in English and Japanese. Any additional APAC languages would be beneficial
- Lead the Japan payroll operation. Ensure payroll is processed accurately, timely and in accordance with local requirements. - Collaborate with local and regional payroll counterparts as well as external vendors to bring the best outcome. - Keep up to date on all changes to the pay environment in Japan, cascading & implementing where appropriate. Articulate clearly the impact of changes have on the ways in which we work. - Manage and troubleshoot any issues to ensure timely resolution - Ensure team’s timely responses to employee enquiries regarding the administration of pay - Lead Payroll analysts to formalise the annual statutory year end reporting schedule for region, including pre-audits of year end data for GAPAC - Lead monthly internal meetings to address issues on reporting and share standard methodologies - Focus on increased efficiencies and scalability via process improvements/automation in both Payroll processes and Reporting - Assist induction and training for new hires and on-going training for team members - Update/Maintain work instruction consistent with the team’s template
Education & Experience
Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent working experience in payroll or accounting
- - Working knowledge in ADP GlobalView, SAP Payroll and Kronos Timekeeping systems will be an advantage.
- - Proficiency in office automation tools like Excel macros and database applications.