AI/ML - Senior Software Engineer, ML Systems Evaluation
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
Software and Services
High-quality software and complex ML models require dynamic and sophisticated automation to evaluate and validate them. The ML System Evaluation Engineering (ML SEE) team within the Al/ML org at Apple is looking for an exceptional Engineer to evaluate our Machine Learning systems and deliver the best customer experience. This exciting role will bring best practices, knowledge, and experience from software engineering to the machine learning world, and combine the best of both to build robust, extensible and efficient systems and processes to evaluate ML at scale! In this role, you will have the opportunity to design, plan and implement the evaluation strategy of innovative machine learning models. We work closely with software engineers and machine learning experts to enhance the evaluation methodology for ML. We operate in a highly cross-functional environment to keep pushing the boundaries of existing automation and ML evaluation. If you are committed in delivering a first-class customer experience, and you have a background in both software development and machine learning, this role will give you a great opportunity to apply your skills to an entirely new problem space!
- 7+ years of proven ability to define/design/build/maintain end-to-end advanced engineering systems to support automation using any combinations of Swift (XCTest), Objective-C, Python or Java
- Demonstrated depth of knowledge and application of ML evaluation methodologies and success metrics for large-scale production systems
- Excellent understanding of an ML-based product lifecycle
- Solid experience with CI/CD automation tools such as TeamCity or Jenkins
- Strong organizational skills and experience working on large multi-functional teams
We are looking for a motivated and results-oriented engineer with positive attitude who has excellent communication and problem-solving skills. You enjoy working on multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment that nurtures growth, collaboration, and innovation. SOME OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: - Write software on a daily basis to evaluate ML models and assets changes without regressions - Define and implement an ML evaluation strategy to achieve high efficiency, scalability and sustainability - Create and maintain stable fully automated processes for regular product releases through our CI/CD platform - Partner closely with other engineering teams for proactively detecting and addressing issues before they reach our customers
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning or related field
- NICE TO HAVE:
- - Experience with Apple ecosystem and MLOps
- - Experience with troubleshooting automation runs in 24/7 lab environment
- - Experience with logging and debugging tools i.e., Grafana, Splunk, shell scripting
- - Ability to debug issues specially in Unix base embedded software
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicant.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.