Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), Apple Pay (Japan)
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Software and Services
At Apple, ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Imagine what you could do here! The Apple Pay Site Reliability Engineering Team is hiring an engineer to focus on the front line customer experience and the back end integration of Apple systems with our Network and Banking partners. As part of our "follow-the-sun" team, you’ll have peers based in Europe and the US, ensuring timely support for customers around the world while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. You’ll be joining a team of world class engineers and interacting daily with teams that span across Apple including iOS software and hardware engineering, Apple Online Store, Apple Retail and our Network and Banking partners. We invite you to take the opportunity to join us on this journey and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Extensive experience supporting mission critical customer-facing systems in production is required.
- Strong desire to automate and constantly replace manual operations with automated solutions.
- Proven track record of handling challenging problems and delivering successful results.
- Experience and proficiency in event-based and log-based monitoring systems, deployment tools, and cloud computing.
- Experience developing applications using object-oriented or functional programming languages (Java, Python, Go preferred).
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering field that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. This position requires a highly motivated individual who loves sophisticated challenges in a fast-paced environment. You will support payments services to ensure the services are functional, work on improving reliability and availability, will think creatively, and come up with innovative solutions to automate the manual support activities.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent proven experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.