APR Business Program Manager
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here! Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. At the end of the day, we are here to grow Apple’s B2B business through partnering with our business channel resellers, partners and carriers. We develop programs and strategies that enable businesses to transform the way people work. To realize this goal, we build relationships, develop partner capabilities and programs—at all levels from tactical to strategic. We collaborate closely with internal and external partners to craft plans that scale the business and adoption of the Apple ecosystem. We are looking for an inspiring and intelligent profile, with great interpersonal skills, who is capable of defining and driving an agenda for growth of the APR (Apple Premium Reseller) channel in Japan. A rare opportunity to watch and lead the growth of the world’s most admired brand in a premium mono-brand retail environment. The role involves setting the strategic direction for the channel in Japan, completing overall Apple objectives set at WW and Japan. You will have experience from high-quality branded retail. As an APR Business Program Manager, you are responsible for developing and running the entire APR business. You will report to the Japan APR Director.
- 5+ years of experience in customer-facing sales, business development, or related roles (e.g., opening new stores).
- Experience in retail/telco/channel sales preferred, especially as a merchant.
- Exceptional ability to deliver strategic and nuanced sales messages.
- Excellence in understanding and overcome challenging objections.
- Proven experience managing customer relationships.
- Strong presentation skills
- Outstanding organization skills and ability to manage several projects at once.
- Ability to architect internal cross-functional business processes and communication to ensure timely results.
- Ability to quickly understand, implement, and put into practice analysis from a new perspective.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to executives
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Proficient in Japanese and business level written and verbal English
- Experience in improving online business sales performance
- Experience in leading and planning for new store openings (store area selection, mall selection, market analysis)
- Experience in sales promotion activities and marketing for stores.
- Experience in analyzing the current situation and formulating actions to improve the sales performance of existing stores
- Experience in improving Sales performance through the digitization of workflows and analysis methods.
- Pitch partners, existing and new, APR business opportunity. - Manage a pipeline of multiple partners simultaneously. - Design merchandising assortments of Apple products at APR POS and negotiate it with partners - Negotiate with APR's partners on optimizing the POS environment to ensure that every POS delivers the Apple Customer Experience. - Develop New product launch strategy and merchandizing and communicate it with APR partners - Chase down partner issues (e.g., packaging challenges, marketing asset requests, Demo units). - Prepare Keynote slides and Excel analyses to seasonal message creation - Supervise progress and provide regular reports to senior management - Proactively engage cross functional teams (e.g., Finance, SP&O, Training team, Marketing), within Apple and build relationships to drive engagement with a APR partners - Proactively pursue opportunities to streamline processes, improve understanding of Apple business opportunity, external environment and rapidly grow the business. - Planning and execution of new store openings to expand APR business - Implementation of actions to improve sales at existing stores - Launch and expand your online business
Education & Experience
BS or BA; MBA or other advanced degree a plus.