Sales Finance Manager
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. Finance is essential to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. We are seeking a passionate, collaborative leader as a Sales Finance Manager. Partnering with Sales, Operations, Marketing, and other Finance teams, you will oversee the performance of Apple’s products and services in our Consumer/Carrier business, advising partners with financial guidance on how to optimally and sustainably drive revenue and margin growth. Additionally, you will oversee our Channel programs and new systems development in line with Corporate initiatives to ensure Apple’s investments align to strategic imperatives. The successful candidate is an excellent finance professional and has a proven track record of experience in a multinational and dynamic environment.
- Strong leader and collaborator, with the capacity for developing relationships and quickly becoming a trusted business partner who can influence effectively
- Proven ability to problem solve ambiguous situations using complex, non-linear, and occasionally incomplete data; experience building business models and forecasts
- High level of inherent curiosity, investing in personal knowledge to stay ahead of the curve in the industry
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills; an expert storyteller in translating complex quantitative analysis into a compelling narrative that adapts to the audience at hand
- Progressive corporate finance experience; people leadership experience an asset
- Commercial finance experience supporting business partners
- Strong proficiency with Excel, Keynote, Business Objects, Essbase, Tableau, and Slack
- Knowledge of Python and data science a plus
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, and business-level Japanese desirable
You will be an integral partner to the Sales team to build and run critical business initiatives. You will collaborate extensively with other Apple functional, geo, and WW teams to ensure that Japan is executing to overall corporate strategy and goals. In this role you will: - Deeply understand industry trends, partner dynamics, and demand generation program performance by running analytics to uncover market insights - Actively participate in the unit forecast process, ensuring key sales actions are being identified and executed to maximize opportunities and minimize risks - Ensure investments meet rigorous financial metrics; review financial controls and manage governance, including quarter-end spend, accruals and compensation plans - Liaise with the WW Sales Finance teams, sharing geo-specific market insight, advocating for geo-led proposals, and contributing to Sales Finance processes and tools - Assemble financial analysis and actively contribute to building quarterly and annual business reviews with Sales leadership - Work on special projects, including initiatives to drive ongoing optimization of big data and processes
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or other quantitative field. MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.