Account Executive – Consumer
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products—they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team is, in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. We collaborate to define opportunities and develop growth plans resulting in delivering a great customer experience and expanded adoption of the Apple ecosystem.
- Understand there are many moving parts in an organization. Navigating the interdependencies within Apple is needed for success. Understanding how business financials work, and strategies for sustaining profitable growth, are key to staying ahead of the competition. You analyze the market and think beyond the short-term.
- See the world through the eyes of the customer by deeply understanding their business needs, challenges, and concerns. At Apple, we obsess over how people experience our products. You not only meet our customers’ expectations, but you exceed them.
- Customer and partner needs can often be unique— but you’re quick on your feet and connect and influence the right people both inside and outside of Apple. As a go to person with leadership, you are trusted and comfortable in tough situations. You can settle disputes, negotiations and own the hard calls with minimal noise.
- Enjoy a collaborative environment with open dialogue and debate. You empower your teammates to do their life’s best work and build a trusted relationship with them. When projects require extra support, you are eager to step up to the plate and bring your knowledge to the table.
- Strive for excellence in everything you do and always think what is best for Apple. You have a “never give up” attitude, and finish.
- Believe that communication is key to Apple’s success. To ensure the most innovative ideas become a reality, you recognize perspectives, patiently listen to every detail and commit to what is right, in order to move us forward.
- No matter the audience, you are an expert of communication. You empower others to learn, to be curious and ultimately, share your passion for the Apple story. When challenged with complex questions, you share your deep knowledge of how our hardware, software and services integrate.
- Apple and third-party solutions tackle complex business problems in simple and innovative ways. You build competitive and breakthrough strategies that truly craft the future. You do this by asking why and why not, both stripping out what is not crucial and identifying what is. By doing so, you can see what’s ahead and identify trends that will be crucial for growth.
- Adapt to change and find the right path without necessarily having all the pieces to the puzzle. At Apple, things aren’t always clear, but you shift gears and thrive when asked to explore new ground, rather than waiting on others.
- Know your strengths and weakness and accept feedbacks from others to improve yourself. Have a Hunter/Hungry mentality - Go Getter!
- Grow the business with partners who resell Apple products, driving towards a sales target. - Build deep relationships, negotiate programs, and develop capabilities to achieve a great physical and digital end-customer experience with results that benefit Apple and our partners. - Keep providing sustainable growth and value to end users and partners. - Demonstrate a deep understanding of market trends and the channel and develop comprehensive account plans that both align with our partners’ strategies and expand Apple's footprint. - Leverage sales programs, tools, and training to increase reseller staffs Apple product knowledge and sales skills. - Discuss with partners how we can transform their business and explore channel growth based on facts and their Strength Weakness Opportunities Threat analysis. - Work with internal and external partners and motivate them to execute our plans together, develop new and exciting growth opportunities, drive relevant market activities and ultimately ensure sales through our partners. - Monitor key performance indicators that support growth and enable forecasts on the overall health of our account plans.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
- Experience in consultative selling and developing channel growth strategies with partners. You’ve balanced delivering on short-term goals, while building sustainable value for customers and partners, and demand for the future.
- 8-12 years of experience as an Account Executive for a mobile device or HW company.