Technical Program Manager (TPM), Apple Pay - Japan
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Come join the Apple Pay team and drive innovation that matters to enrich our daily life! We have a great opportunity for an accomplished leader with proven technical project and partner management experience to lead payment network / banking / transit / access partner onboarding process from certification and testing perspective. The role will work cross-functionally with highly skilled test engineering teams and developers, work as the key interface between external partners and 3rd party test labs, help with test engineering teams to set up the efficient test environment through close engagement. We invite you to take this unique opportunity to join us on this journey and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- 5+ years of proven experience with project management role in multi-functional environment
- Extensive knowledge of the NFC technology and understanding about the ecosystem, experience with payments, transit, access preferred
- Successful track record working within a multi-functional team, and across multiple partners and geographies, to deliver project outcomes
- Pay attention to the details which matter for customer experience and quality assurance
- Strong issue tracking/management abilities and work with Engineering for resolution
- Ability to drive technical conversations with Engineering teams and assess time/ effort impacts of product changes
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to effectively influence partners, push projects and programs forward with efficiency
- Results oriented, highly motivated and able to work under minimal direction in a cross- functional environment at detailed levels, self-oriented
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, in both Japanese and English
- Proficiency in software engineering processes with considerable software release experience
- Experience with protocol stack features and other wireless protocols
Apple Pay is looking for an experienced technical lead with detailed technical knowledge of wireless standards to understand, prioritize and resolve issues found during Full End-to-End Production, certification and production test. In this role, you will also be responsible for supporting the product definition process regarding network features. The role includes the following duties: - Analyze technical issues and drive for a fast resolution - Report project status, prioritize tasks, bring up to senior management - Provide feedback to engineering with regard to complexities and capability - Help test engineering team with set up for efficient test environment by engaging with external partners
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.