PR Manager - Corporate Communication, Japan
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
At Apple, we share the mission of making hardware, software and services that help people make the world a better place! We care about what we do, and believe Apple is a force for good. Apple is a company full of exciting ideas and innovative people, who are also committed to upholding the highest moral, legal and ethical standards in everything we do. We believe technology can serve humankind's deepest values and highest aspirations. Protecting individuals’ privacy, promoting diversity and inclusivity, providing products that educate, and are accessible to all needs, are fundamentals within our business. We are currently seeking a Corporate Communications Manager to join our Japan PR team and help us participate in the public debate advise about Apple and the values that drive our company. This role will work with us in developing and implementing strategic plans that support the overall business priorities in these countries and drive positive perception locally. The successful candidate will be responsible for proactively managing wider media activities which in include consumer media, social and experts that we should engage with to communicate Apple’s contribution locally, focused on key areas such as our economic contribution, AppStore(Developer stories), education, customer privacy, and environmental leadership. We invite you to take this unique opportunity to join us on this journey and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- You are self-motivated, possess a positive team-player attitude and you are passionate about consumer technology.
- You have extensive experience in media/social relations and have developed a strong network of high-level media contacts in Japan.
- You are a self-starter who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities.
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills in both Japanese and English and detailed project management skills.
- Proven ability to understand business and policy challenges and formulate effective communications strategies that support the audience needs and business goals.
- Great experience working in a highly regulated environment and with government affairs, legal and business governance teams.
- Able to work with ambiguity and on complex topics.
- Skilled in multi-tasking, delivering under tight timelines, adapting quickly to change.
- 15+ years experience in public relations, policy communications, journalism, agency or corporate settings.
- Fluency in Japanese and English required.
The Corporate PR Manager will help devise and implement global communications initiatives that resonate with the local audience. Reporting to the head of PR for Japan, responsibilities will include strategical planning and execution, identifying and managing issues in a fast-paced environment and continuous news cycle. The role will work collaboratively with the wider management team in the region and also be tightly coordinating with the Other geo corporate communications to support and drive understanding of Apple’s values.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.