Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
The role of the Marketing Communications group (Marcom) at Apple is to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications in support of Apple’s business goals. We are seeking an extraordinary individual who can operate successfully in our dynamic and exciting environment. As a Brand Manager, you will be responsible for synchronizing various Marcom disciplines in support of Apple’s product launch and sustaining marketing communications for the Apple product families in Japan. You will collaborate closely across a range of functions, including Interactive, Channel, Apple Retail, and Advertising. You will be fluent in a variety of media, including print, digital, and video/motion graphics and highly experienced in both product launch and sustaining activities. You'll also have a deep knowledge of the creative development process. The Brand Manager will develop and maintain key relationships both globally and locally within the Marketing, Public Relations, Sales and Sales Operations organizations. In this role, you will also be the primary point of contact for the WW Marcom Brand team responsible for collecting and sharing insights as it pertains to the local market. This includes providing quarterly updates on the current state of Apple’s business in Japan as well as actionable business and customer insights that can be leveraged to improve Apple communications both locally and globally. This position requires a self-motivated, flexible individual with very strong communication skills. You should be a strong strategic thinker, capable of seeing the bigger picture and orchestrating projects to that end. In this role you will constantly challenge the status quo and seek new and better ways of communicating both internally and externally.
- 12+ years of consumer marketing communications experience in a creatively driven agency or client organization.
- Meaningful experience in the local market with a consistent record of developing marketing communications.
- Deep experience and understanding of the creative development process.
- Attention-to-detail and results-oriented.
- Project management skills and the ability to lead project management discussions.
- Team player who takes personal ownership of assigned tasks.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both at a strategic and executional level, often within the same hour.
- Ability to multitask and deliver under tight timelines.
- Experience in building a communications plan.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Japanese is essential.
- Effectively lead product launch and sustaining activities as well as local origination projects for the product categories that you will be responsible for. - Act as the key interface between the WW Marcom teams and local Marcom, Product Marketing and PR teams. - Provide a single point of contact for campaigns from an overall process, communications, and materials perspective. This requires representing Japan’s needs to WW Marcom counterparts, while articulating the global strategy to the broader Geo team. - Work closely with the WW Marcom team to establish local Marcom goals and product strategies. - Gather and provide strategic market insights to the WW Brand team that ultimately help drive more relevant and impactful communications. - Work with local agency partners to ensure that all deliverables are fully integrated and flawlessly executed, meeting Apple’s extremely high-quality standards. - Where appropriate, participate in channel partner relationships, communications plans, and programs in concert with WW and local Partner Communication teams. - Provide strategic communications input and guidance to all functional areas, including Interactive, Channel, Advertising, and Retail. - Work with WW Brand and local Geo Functional teams to drive successful implementation of local origination campaigns. - Provide input to WW and Global teams on creative and messaging for seasonal programs to ensure local relevance and impact. - Advocate on behalf of the Geo with WW Marcom to optimize processes, ensuring campaigns achieve maximum business impact. - Maintain a calendar of key local cultural/seasonal events and be the Marcom point person for any related Apple communications. - Provide regular updates and insights to WW and Geo teams on local Apple business, including sales performance, market share, competitive information, industry happenings, and competitive trends. - On a regular basis, collect and share actionable and pertinent communications insights to help guide, inform, and improve our global communications plans and efforts. - Help to define the best ways to effectively share information with the WW team, across Geos, and between the Marcom functional areas.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree of relevant major.