Pixel Development Engineer
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in cultivating excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. As a key member of the Core Sensing Devices team, you will be responsible for image sensor evaluation from global suppliers, development of new image sensors for different applications, general problem solving, and implementation of new features. In this role, you will be at the center of image sensor development effort, and you will work with cross functional teams in many aspects of your daily activities.
- You will have 3-5 years of relevant experience in image sensor characterization, sensor bring up and debug, or wafer level testing.
- Familiar with image sensor technology, image sensor performance metrics, image sensor usage, and integration into camera systems.
- Hands-on experience with silicon bringup, sensor characterization and issue debug. Ability to innovate and build new and unique solutions.
- Expertise in programming with either Matlab, Python, C#, or C++ for lab equipment control and data collection.
- You will also be aware of general industry trends and technical challenges.
- Knowledgeable enough in all aspects of sensor usage that you can productively work with and support the camera team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills
As Pixel Development Engineer, you will be responsible for: - Evaluating advanced pixel technology from global image sensor vendors - Collaborating with global image sensor suppliers to develop new image sensors for different applications - Working with internal and external teams to assure that sufficient and correct testing is implemented at all stages to guarantee performance - Documenting and presenting your results to both internal and external engineering teams - Cross functional collaboration to develop next generation camera products and features
Education & Experience
B.S. in Electrical or computer engineering or a similar discipline is required, M.S. or Ph.D. is preferred