Test System Engineer (Japan)
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that dedication. The success we are seeking will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team which is encouraging excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Sensing Device group leads all research, design, development, test, and qualification of core technologies that enables revolutionary features on Apple products, such as FaceID and LiDAR Scanner. As a key member of our test team, you will be responsible for the design, optimization, implementation of innovative test solutions.
- Experience developing code in C++, C#, Objective-C, Java, Python, Swift, Matlab, or R
- Strong computer engineering background: automation, RTOS, algorithms, OS, Compilers, Computer Architecture
- Hands-on experience with electronics: Microprocessor, Microcontroller, SoC, Op-Amp, Diodes, Integrated Circuits
- Good understandings of cyber security and network infrastructure: design, architecture, configurations aspects of it.
- Good understanding of server, clusters, and cloud infrastructure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed due to the multi-functional nature of this role
- Skills that would be advantageous to the role are:
- Machine Learning experience
- Devices Physics (Laser, LED, Photodiodes) knowledge
- Experience with bench-level characterization tools, including spectrometers, oscilloscope, integrating sphere, cameras
- Program management experience
Key Responsibilities: - Primary focus is on the system architecture and software engineering for high-volume mass production testers - Define and execute characterization and validation plans to quantify tester performance - Provide written documentation of procedures, setups, and experimental results, with meticulous attention to detail - Support test operation from NPI to mass production Cross-functional responsibilities: - Cross-functional engagement includes Device Design and Characterization, Test Hardware, Data Infrastructure, Product Safety - 10~20% international travel expected
Education & Experience
B.S in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science, with 2-7 years industry experience preferred.