Process Technologist - CMOS Imaging
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
Do you like to work on ground breaking technologies that enable amazing new products? Do you have the attention for details and love for excellence to work towards an extraordinary result? We are looking for a hardworking and passionate Process Technologist to join our team! In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of process technology problem solving with a focus on interface with silicon vendors and foundries. This is a hands on, dynamic role requiring travel to suppliers and foundries world wide.
- Candidate should have 10+ years of experience in semiconductor process R&D and manufacturing. Experience with process qualification and yield enhancement is desired.
- Deep knowledge of CMOS Imaging process technology, integration and device physics and industry competitive landscape is required.
- Experience with Deep Trench Etching systems, integration to imaging process flows and translation into extremely high volume manufacturing.
- Experience interfacing with design these technologies is desired.
- Demonstrated prior experience and success solving highly complex technical problems under a very aggressive schedule is essential.
- People management skills and managerial experience is highly desired.
- Good data analysis, problem solving, and very strong communication skills required.
- Self-motivated and schedule oriented is expected.
- Interpersonal skills to engage at all levels of the supply chain from engineers to CEOs
Manage technical process interface with silicon vendors. Work closely with suppliers on supplier silicon process issues and requirements. Coordinate process transfers with IDMs and external foundry. Participate in technology development, device engineering, and ongoing sustaining engineering activities within Hardware Technology. Drive thorough investigation of root cause, and solutions to process/yield issues and its impact on high volume product production, performance and reliability. Manage and mitigate technology risks for multiple projects in parallel. Engage parties in decision making and drive to timely closure and thorough follow-through. Build essential internal and external relationships across all levels (Engineering to senior management) at suppliers and within Apple.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required, PhD preferred