AppleCare Quality Engineer
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Support and Service
We have an exciting opportunity for a quality engineering leader at AppleCare’s Repair and Distribution Centres in Korea. The repair centre located is Apple’s iPhone repair hub - the quality & performance of the repair activities at this site are critical in delivering an extraordinary level of customer satisfaction throughout the country. In addition to repair activity, the site also performs receiving, shipping and storage of good parts (KGB) and returned defective parts (KBB), and performs a number of valued activities, screening and diagnostics on multiple Apple products.
- KEY QUALIFICATIONS
- - We are expecting an in-depth working knowledge of the consumer electronics, particularly in the areas of reverse logistics and repair activities. A detailed understanding of the associated supply chain flows & processes is desirable.
- - You'll demonstrate proven success in business process improvement and quality management.
- - Should have a strong quality & engineering background and an extraordinary ability to successfully perform root cause and corrective action investigations.
- - You will dynamically adjust your role and responsibilities to suit the evolving business requirements.
- EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- - At least 5 years experience within the high tech. industry, actively involved in quality/ manufacturing engineering, process improvement or handling manufacturing or repair operations.
- - Demonstrable industry experience of successfully handling the quality of repair or manufacturing operations and/or handling engineering or process improvement projects (ideally be prepared to discuss specifics and provide references)
- - Third level qualification (degree/ diploma) in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain Management or related field
- - Demonstrate an ability to apply problem solving and six sigma tools & techniques
- - Good technical knowledge or validated technical ability would be a distinct advantage
- - Experience of handling cross functional teams / projects
- SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- - Excellent communication & presentation skills are important, fluent oral & excellent written English language skills essential
- - You have strong people and management skills. You'll be able to question and not accept the status quo
- - You are highly motivated, energetic, eager to learn and results driven
- - Be a customer-focused individual who enjoys problem solving
- - You have organizational skills and a professional attitude to follow though as promised.
- - You will be assertive with the ability to lead and positively influence others.
- - Able to prioritize tasks efficiently and know how to behave in urgent situations.
- - Be critical and innovative when resolving customer issues
- - Excel expertise and numeric analytical skills are needed
- The role requires a high degree of cross-functional interaction, both internally and externally on a global basis, demanding excellent communication and leadership skills. You will relish the opportunity to develop & implement game changing process improvements. - Key deliverables include developing quality meaningful metrics and a culture of continuous improvement; NTF reduction and maximizing repair opportunities. Therefore shown success in developing and implementing continuous process initiatives is a distinct advantage. - Business travel may be necessary and you are willing to travel internationally when needed. - Key Tasks/Responsibilities: 1. Drive the development and successful implementation of process improvement initiatives for Apple’s repair operations. 2. Demonstrate your ability to pro-actively add value to the customer experience. 3. Work with global teams to develop efficient, robust, cost effective processes and solutions. 4. Develop diagnostics and repair capabilities to maximize the level of same unit repair; review repair quality & reliability data to identify detractors and reduce looper rates. 5. Support projects which impact onsite activities, identify change management activities & ensure that quality & engineering deliverables are successfully completed on time. 6. Develop process improvement initiatives on a cross functional basis and present recommendations to management teams. 7. Liaise directly with the AppleCare global business and operational management teams to ensure achievement of business goals. 8. Perform analysis of customer CSAT feedback to identify underlying issues and root causes. 9. Develop action plans to drive service CSAT to over 90% on a consistent basis. 10. Develop reporting/metrics to enable us to handle our business effectively. 11. Support the seamless introduction of new products and technologies.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.