Head of Marketing Communications, Korea
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
The Head of Marketing Communications is a key member of Apple’s marketing leadership team in the Northeast Asia region (NEA) and globally, and a significant contributor to the diversity of ideas and management talent required for its growth. We'd like you to drive Apple’s consumer marketing activities in Korea, including all marketing communications. You'll work closely with Product Marketing, Corporate Communications and Sales teams in Korea, and corporate Marcom executives at Apple’s headquarters in Cupertino, California.
- We are looking for a team builder and team player with an inclusive, collaborative management style that engenders trust, develops credibility and elevates morale. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly gain the respect and support of the wider NEA leadership team and other employees, by demonstrating marketing expertise and personal attributes such as good judgment, business insight, balance, objectivity, teamwork, quiet confidence, integrity and trustworthiness.
- You should be a well-established marketing executive who is able to adapt to the culture of a dynamic company easily. You'll know how to apply personal judgments and creativity to reinforce the Apple brand identity and augment Apple’s brand equity in Korea.
- You'll be an intelligent, quick learner with an analytical orientation, whilst also possessing strategic vision, consensus building skills and a consultative style. You should also have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen effectively, socialize ideas across functions, and articulate the vision and philosophy of the company, both internally and externally.
- Ideally, we're looking for someone with a 15 – 20 year track record in high-visibility marketing / advertising roles, with more than 8-10 years of consumer marketing experience in a relevant industry, ideally coupled with time in a senior role at an advertising agency.
- We'd love to find someone with consistent record of high performance marketing for premium consumer products or services in technology or another product-centric organization.
- You'll know how to effectively share knowledge cross-functionally to optimize resources, and leverage knowledge to gain competitive advantage.
- We really value the ability to positively influence people across all functional areas of an organization.
- Experience in digital / social media and an ability to identify and capitalize on emerging media trends is also really useful.
As the Head of Marketing Communications, you'll manage a high performing team who are responsible for planning and executing Apple’s Marcom strategy across all customer-facing touch points, including media / advertising, digital / interactive, channel and retail. You'll execute Apple’s branding strategy and implement Apple’s branding activities across Korea, and provide constructive feedback / input to Apple executives in Cupertino on Apple’s local marketing efforts based your deep understanding of local market conditions and consumer behaviors. You and your team will lead all demand generation activities, working with Apple’s managed partners, distributors, major retailers and carriers to craft and deploy partner-led campaigns and advertising promoting Apple products and services. You'll manage Apple’s branding and presentation across all channels of distribution to ensure brand conformity, consistency and effectiveness. You'll be responsible for driving regional advertising / origination campaigns; develop and implement systems for identifying key audiences and communicating with them in ways that build productive, positive awareness and relationships. We'll be asking you to take ownership of external agency relationships in market and develop metrics to assess the effectiveness of those relationships. Internally, you'll build key relationships with the Sales organization to ensure Marcom priorities / activities gel with sales strategy, customer needs and market shifts. Partner with the Product Marketing and Corporate Communications teams to plan and execute new product launches as well as quarterly and annual marketing plans. You'll develop and drive Apple’s customer-facing websites, owned digital channels and e-commerce activity in the region. In collaboration with other Geo Marcom Leads, you'll share best practices as well as present common market opportunities and challenges to WW Leadership.
Education & Experience
You'll ideally have an undergraduate degree from a respected university. While an MBA or other postgraduate qualification is highly desirable, it is not a prerequisite for consideration.