Managing Editor, Korea App Store
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
We’ve all found apps we love, and apps that have changed our lives. Apps transform the ways we learn, work, travel, have fun, and pursue our passions. In 2008, the App Store launched with 500 apps. Now there are more than two million. And so our team of writers and editors challenged ourselves: How can we offer more perspective and insight? How do we showcase the work of innovative developers? How can we make the App Store a place our customers will want to come to everyday? We’re hiring people who want to help make that happen. Korea App Store is looking for a dynamic managing editor to help a team of writers produce engaging content around apps and games in Korean. You will be responsible for managing a team of Korean App Store writers to express the App Store’s editorial voice in Korean, working closely with the App Store Design, Producer and Marketing teams. The ideal candidate is a very experienced Korean writer who is also capable of running teams with a passion about mobile technology and culture. You should be creative with the leadership skills to work across stakeholders, and an ability to streamline publication processes. You’re also a digital and media enthusiast, love keeping up with pop culture, and are excited about how technology shapes our future. Most of all, you’re passionate about the role apps play in people’s lives, and are eager to help create an amazing user experience for millions of people around the world.
- 10+ years editing for traditional and online publications in Korea.
- Strong ability to motivate and manage creative editorial teams
- Experience with working with international peers to define editorial and programming strategies
- An ability to analyze and communicate results to leaders
- Experience managing and evolving a style guide in Korean
- Experience working with content management systems
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to manage deadlines and work effectively with cross-functional teams under strict deadlines
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Resourceful, creative and collaborative
- Deep passion for Apple brand, Apple products, and mobile technology
Commission and top edit editorial copy in Korean for selected apps and games with a focus on voice, tone, style, and overall quality. Collaborate with designers, producers, and marketers to create amazing user experiences Work with stakeholders to create editorial strategies, and gain buy-in for key initiatives. Manage a programming calendar and style guide in Korean
Education & Experience
- BA/BS preferred
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.