Display Controller Architect [based in Japan]
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Apple is seeking a highly motivated, high-energy leader to define and develop display controllers used in Apple products. In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of custom silicon design efforts for display controllers. You will architect custom silicon designs, collaborating with supplier and internal technology teams, with a critical impact on getting functional products to millions of customers. * This position will require to be based in Japan, company will support relocation.
- More than 5 years of in various functions of controller silicon architecture, design, and production experience with a complete understanding of the technology.
- Proven micro-architectural modeling ability including circuit, functional, and performance/energy characteristics.
- Deep understanding of display technology.
- Thorough knowledge of display controller silicon architecture, interface, performance and energy trade-offs.
- Experience in taking display controller silicon from concept, through detailed circuit design, digital design, all the way to qualification and mass production.
- Proven expertise in chip-to-chip interface techniques including signal integrity, power delivery integrity, energy efficiency at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills (multi-functional, executive etc.)
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional organizations.
As a member of the architecture team, you will be responsible for the definition, development and delivery of the display controller for Apple’s products. Responsibilities include: - Working closely with SOC and system architects, understand current and future requirements for display controller architecture, interface, performance, energy, and associated production challenges. - Provide detailed architectural guidance at all levels of the design throughout the design process from concept through production. - Make recommendation on key design trade-offs across base technology, manufacturing and performance as these display controllers fit in the overall product roadmap vs. technology trends. - Author and maintain chip architecture specifications.
Education & Experience