Legal Counsel, Content & Internet Services - Korea
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Apple is seeking an extraordinary and highly motivated attorney to provide legal support and advice with respect to Apple’s content and internet services, including the App Store, Apple Music, and iCloud, in Korea.
- 6+ years of law firm and/or in-house experience, working closely with senior management
- Experience advising a global company on Korean legal, regulatory, and business expansion issues
- Experience working in-house for a US company a plus
- Fluent English and Korean
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; ability to distill complex issues and situations into concise summaries
- Adept at advising clients, including senior executives, on complex content- and technology-related legal issues and regulatory matters
- Effective negotiator with strong business
- Ability to build client relationships and work collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Good judgment, strong social skills, and the ability to juggle multiple projects under time pressure
- Real passion for digital media and internet-based distribution models
- Experience working with clients in the online/mobile payments and/or financial industries a plus
- Enjoy working in an international environment
You will have significant experience advising high-level clients with regard to commercial and regulatory risks and hurdles, particularly in the high-tech content and software spaces. You will experience negotiating innovative positions with technology-related regulators on behalf of a foreign company, and will have a detailed understanding of the risks presented to foreign companies by distribution of a variety of types of software and/or media. The role will require demonstration of extraordinary discernment of the appropriate balance between risk, regulatory security and business need, and you will need to be able to establish and hold the trust of senior management both in Asia and the US.