Advertising Manager - Korea
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. As Marcom's Advertising Manager, you will be responsible for the creative development, production, deployment and evaluation of our advertising campaigns. You’ll brief our creative and media agencies, and manage the localization and amplification of campaigns to work powerfully in multiple languages. Other responsibilities include obtaining creative approvals, the ongoing monitoring and optimization of campaigns and budget management.
- You have substantial experience in either a creative agency, media agency, or on the client side with considerable experience in running ad campaigns for global brands.
- You'll also have experience working within a global client and agency structure.
- Your ability to judge creativity and to understand Apple’s tone of voice and guidelines will enable you to give constructive creative feedback to the agency.
- We'll need you to have a strong media understanding (traditional as well as digital) to be able to lead and optimize media plans with the agency.
- You'll also need to have strong production knowledge (broadcast, outdoor, print and digital).
- You have exceptional leadership qualities and project management skills and can lead project management discussions.
- Your hands-on, can-do approach helps you to solve problems.
- You demonstrate acute attention to detail.
- You have the ability to learn new processes and technology quickly.
- You know how to prioritize and to work quickly and efficiently within very tight time frames.
- You love to work in close partnership with others. We work very collaboratively here.
- You have a deep passion for the Apple brand.
- Your English communications skills are excellent - written and oral.
Lead the implementation of all advertising creative, working with our creative and media agency’s account team and Apple internal teams (Product Marketing, PR, Legal and Business Affairs) to evaluate recommendations for relevance and effectiveness within the market. Coordinate creative validation with the local Creative team. Ensure that work created by the Worldwide Advertising team can be effectively localized; monitor issues such as cultural relevance and market priorities, legal constraints. Ensure effective localization process while maintaining Apple’s brand positioning; keeping a consistent tone of voice and look and feel from one media form to another, and from one campaign to another. Ensure that all localized work created by the agency meets Apple’s standards for creative excellence, technical accuracy, integrity of claims and protection of Apple’s intellectual property rights, trademarks and legal lines. Run all media plans and evaluate the effectiveness of media recommendations based on regional media understanding. Present opportunities of how advertising campaigns can be amplified based on market priorities, country related cultural and media opportunities. Evaluate and approve production estimates, handle finance workflow and regularly challenge the agency on cost leverage. Organize and lead weekly agency production status meetings. Prepare “campaign launch” announcements and presentations to share advertising activity with the broader internal teams. Follow industry trends and competitor activity.
Education & Experience
- Extensive international travel (up to 10-12 weeks per year)
- Fluency in Korean and English