Games Editor - App Store, Korea
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
We’ve all found apps we love, and apps that have changed our lives. Apps transform the ways we learn, work, travel, have fun, and pursue our passions. In 2008, the App Store launched with 500 apps. Now there are more than two million. And so our team of writers, editors, and curators challenged ourselves: How can we offer more perspective and insight? How do we showcase the work of innovative developers? How can we make the App Store a place our customers will want to come to everyday? We’re hiring people who want to help make that happen. We are looking for a dynamic writer to produce engaging content around apps and games. This person will be responsible for creating daily editorial content to express the App Store's voice and perspective to a broad and diverse audience in Korean. You’re a digital and media enthusiast, love keeping up with pop culture, and are excited about how technology shapes our future. Most of all, you’re passionate about the role apps play in people’s lives, and are eager to help create an amazing user experience for millions of people around the world. The App Store is the biggest gaming destination in the world, and we’re looking for a passionate, knowledgable writer to join our creative team. The App Store offers games for all types of players, so applicants should display a critical eye across casual, mid-core and hardcore gaming. Knowledge of gaming trends, top titles across the industry, as well as emerging technology and indie game development is a plus. This position is based in Seoul, Korea.
- 6+ years writing creative editorial for traditional and online publications with focus on mobile games in Korean
- Extensive experience curating and evaluating apps, games, and other media products for consumer audiences
- Experience following an editorial style guide
- Experience working with content management systems
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Shown ability to manage deadlines and work effectively with cross-functional teams under strict deadlines
- Strong communication skills and an acute attention to detail
- Resourceful, creative, and collaborative
- Deep passion for the Apple brand, Apple products, and mobile technology
Create story pitches and usher them from conception to final publish, in collaboration with design, production, video and business teams Deliver daily written content for the App Store, including short-form write-ups, deep dives, developer interviews and long-form articles Act as an authoritative voice at Apple. If it’s a new game, design trend, or business model, you have an informed perspective on it Correspond with developers and creative professionals who are part of app culture around story pitches, interviews, and studio visits We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.