Projector Supplier Quality Engineer
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here This vendor based engineer is the Quality lead to drive technical and quality issues during ramp up, and then throughout product lifetime. They work with module integration vendors, sub component vendors and the system integration sites. Your work is primarily based at vendor sites in Korea, but extensive overseas travel may be required during certain projects. The scope covers modules in the Projector and Sensing segments. The specific projects are allocated to you on a year-on-year basis.
- Strong technical skills, involving problem solving and issue root causing in a pressured environment
- Interpersonal skills of leadership, project management, communication, teamwork, influencing and negotiation.
- Teamwork: constant interfacing with multiple functional teams across Apple and its suppliers
- Flexibility: Evening and weekends work will be required. From time to time, the job also requires significant international travel across Asia, or project work on components outside the Camera and Sensing segment.
- You will have a strong background of component quality engineering, with semiconductor experience.
- You will have a deep understanding of factory manufacturing and quality assurance systems
- If you have familiarity with advanced components in Camera, Projector or Sensing it is a significant advantage.
- 8 years relevant experience in Product Engineering, Process Engineering and/or Quality Engineering
RESPONSIBILITIES: - Resolve quality issues in module integration, sub components and system integration. Solve technical problems in the product and the manufacturing processes. - Monitor and report yield, manufacturing metrics (CpK, GRR, FMEA etc.). Root cause yield loss and deliver improvement programs. - Host cross functional review to determine build readiness (Ok2build and Ok2send) - Set up, plan, prepare and monitor compliance at IQC, OQC, IPQC, cORT plan and drive improvements thru 8D/ FACA. - Author, review and update cosmetic specs and define fault injection system plan - Drive FACA for module related returns from integrators, field returns, and EFFA issues. Track, report and close out issues in a timely manner. - Ensure 8D reports and PCNs are maintained correctly - Assist in timely test correlation activities and identify test gaps between component vendor like sensor to projector module and system (FATP). - Ensure no failures at system integration IQC. - Review and approve module manufacturing Quality Control Plans ( tests, methods, sample sizes, CTQ, CTS, pass /fail criteria ). Ensure cosmetic standards are aligned with Sub-component supplier and System integrator. Tracks measurable/quantifiable metrics related to process/part/assembly control during the assembly process - Audit and approve module manufacturers for Mass Production readiness. - Ensure module vendor have set up a metrology plan. - Ensure module vendors are conforming to Apple ERS specs and requirements. - Ensure qualification and reliability activities at vendors are in line with requirements. - Ensure inspector qualification and verification plan at vendor are reviewed and approved. - Routine status reporting to executives and issue escalation when needed. - Ensure implementation of Maverick lot control and tracking of MIL showing vendor tasks, DRI and closure date. - Audit module integrator factory (CTS, PCP, IPQC, IQC, OQC, etc..) - Verify cleanroom compliance - Review MES and traceability data retention. - IQC/OQC tester qualification, - Review and Monitor AOI and AVI machine performance COLLABORATE WITH OTHER GROUPS: - Strong contact with vendor factory teams. - Collaborate with internal SQE’s at sub-component and system level. - Collaborate with internal GSM, TPM, and OPM teams. - Close coordination with module design and reliability teams, and NPI project managers.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or allied technical subject.