Head of App Store, Korea
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Sales and Business Development
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Korea App Store is one of the world's largest and most innovative software stores, serving thousands of digital customers. We are seeking a seasoned manager to handle all efforts for the store front in Korea.
- You should have a minimum of 7-10 years of meaningful industry work experience in business development, with minimum 5 years experience in online business development
- Knowledge of relevant wireless and mobile technologies pertinent to the industry
- Strong knowledge of competitive and 3rd party products and competitor strategy
- Proven track record of successful negotiation, working with many groups to achieve goals
- Strong project management skills and fluency with Numbers and Keynote
- Excellent presentation skills and extraordinary attention to detail
- Excellent written & verbal business communication skills
- The position requires strong strategic and analytic skills and the ability to communicate effectively with senior level managers.
- Aptitude for translating data into insights and trends and the ability to influence new strategies based on these insights.
- A hands-on approach to executing projects from start to finish.
- A unusual combination of an excellent attention to detail with the ability to see the big picture.
- The role requires fluency in English and Korean
As the head of the App Store, you'll be responsible for driving revenue growth across Korea App Store by crafting and executing locally relevant business and sales strategies. We’re looking for somebody who can identify new market trends, business opportunities and key partners to engage and develop. You'll work closely with internal and external partners to ensure the best content is made available for the platform, and internally, in addition to managing the Apps Store team, you’ll collaborate cross-functionally with a range of partners: Apple’s Worldwide Developer Relations, Worldwide Product Marketing, App Store and iTunes teams. Another key part of the role is to initiate and suggest initiatives to provide the best user experience possible for customers and developers in Korea. As the Head of the App Store and Manager of the App Store team, you will manage the team and work closely with the Country Lead to - Initiate and identify strategic opportunities - Formulate strategic plans based on in-depth market and customer analysis - Use key internal and external market and user data for key decision making and strategic planning - Execute key projects and strategic initiatives with effective processes - Clearly communicate regular updates and project status to key stakeholders including team members and Country Lead - Initiate and lead efforts to provide the best customer experience for App Stores users - Foster and encourage team work among team members in a collaborative and professional manner - Manage and engage direct reports to work together as one team - Be a role model to team members
Education & Experience
A BA/BS degree in Business or related, MBA or equivalent degree preferred