Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
The Korea Marcom team is part of the global Marketing Communications team at Apple who are responsible for all consumer facing communications. This includes advertising, apple.com, direct marketing, Apple retail, channel, packaging, video, corporate identity, and partner communications. We are producers, writers, editors, graphic designers, traffic managers, developers, photographers; all driving towards creating the world's best marketing communications. We strive for excellence where no detail is overlooked and where the customer experience is paramount. We never compromise in our pursuit of great work. We are looking for a world-class Strategic Planner to help ensure the flawless development and execution of extraordinary communications in support of Apple’s business goals. You will be instrumental in driving the rethinking and reimagining of how Apple communicates to its customers in the world today. This is a new role within Korea Marcom, and you will work closely with the Local Geo Leadership, Product Marketing and Brand Teams to identify and address the critical challenges and opportunities for Apple in the region. As well as with the worldwide Planning team based in Cupertino to provide insights, knowledge and inspiration to some of the best creative talent in the world, in order to champion the very best creative work that only Apple can, and should deliver. The role of any Planner at Apple is not to invent truths, but to uncover truths and help communicate them in the simplest, most inspiring and most engaging ways possible. Strategy is sacrifice, and we need someone who can look at a complex market landscape and confidently separate what we should do from what we could do.
- The ability to work as a team but more importantly, to be proactive and self directing.
- A deep understanding of, and extensive experience in brand communications.
- A wide range of experience working on brands that tell inspiring and engaging stories.
- A track record of leading strategic conversations with people from various disciplines.
- Experience of partnering with, and building real, positive relationships with creative people who span many fields - advertising, video, interactive, print, retail.
- With strong commercial instincts, and proven experience in business problem identification and resolution.
- Strong knowledge of the Channel environment, a key area of focus for Apple.
- Solid skills in core areas: business and brand strategy, insights and research, media and communications planning
- Experience of building productive working relationships with key partners outside of the Marketing function.
- Great writing, visual story-telling and presentation skills are required.
- Bilingual ability in Korean and English is also required.
- 12+ years of planning experience at a creative agency or on the client side.
Develop insight-driven marketing briefs that inspire the best work possible - most likely briefs for Korea, but this could also include helping to develop some specific WW briefs. Establish relationships and garner insight from different disciplines within Korea and with the WW Planning team, including spending time in Cupertino. Collaborate with Product Marketing, Sales & Brand Teams, to identify and prioritize key marketing challenges and opportunities for the market. Consolidate opportunities and priorities into Country Marketing Plans, annually and quarterly. Provide the Korea team and WW with regular communication-based insights, competitive reviews and market snapshots that could impact briefs and subsequent creative work. Provide critical thinking and insights to select WW projects/initiatives. Draw on many different sources of insight and knowledge to weave together strong creative narratives. Develop strong relationships and partner closely and efficiently with some of the best creative talent in the world. Strive to build the best communication experiences possible, but never be satisfied that you achieved it.