Apple Support Quality Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Operations and Supply Chain
We have an exciting opportunity for a quality engineering leader at Apple Support’s Repair and Distribution Centres in Korea and Singapore. The repair centre located is Apple’s iPhone repair hub - the quality & performance of the repair activities at this site are critical in delivering an extraordinary level of customer satisfaction throughout the country. In addition to repair activity, the site also performs receiving, shipping and storage of good parts (KGB) and returned defective parts (KBB), and performs a number of valued activities, screening and diagnostics on multiple Apple products.
- We are expecting an in-depth working knowledge of the consumer electronics, particularly in the areas of reverse logistics and repair activities. A detailed understanding of the associated supply chain flows & processes is desirable.
- You'll demonstrate proven success in business process improvement and quality management.
- Should have a strong quality & engineering background and an extraordinary ability to successfully perform root cause and corrective action investigations.
- You will dynamically adjust your role and responsibilities to suit the evolving business requirements.
- At least 5 years experience within the high tech. industry, actively involved in quality/ manufacturing engineering, process improvement or handling manufacturing or repair operations.
- Demonstrable industry experience of successfully handling the quality of repair or manufacturing operations and/or handling engineering or process improvement projects (ideally be prepared to discuss specifics and provide references)
- Demonstrate an ability to apply problem solving and six sigma tools & techniques
- Excellent communication & presentation skills are important, fluent oral & excellent written English language skills essential
The role requires a high degree of cross-functional interaction, both internally and externally on a global basis, demanding excellent communication and leadership skills. You will relish the opportunity to develop & implement game changing process improvements. Key deliverables include developing quality meaningful metrics and a culture of continuous improvement; NTF reduction and maximizing repair opportunities. Therefore shown success in developing and implementing continuous process initiatives is a distinct advantage. KEY TASKS/RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Drive the development and successful implementation of process improvement initiatives for Apple’s repair operations. 2. Demonstrate your ability to pro-actively add value to the customer experience. 3. Work with global teams to develop efficient, robust, cost effective processes and solutions. 4. Develop diagnostics and repair capabilities to maximize the level of same unit repair; review repair quality & reliability data to identify detractors and reduce looper rates. 5. Support projects which impact onsite activities, identify change management activities & ensure that quality & engineering deliverables are successfully completed on time. 6. Develop process improvement initiatives on a cross functional basis and present recommendations to management teams. 7. Liaise directly with the AppleCare global business and operational management teams to ensure achievement of business goals. 8. Perform analysis of customer CSAT feedback to identify underlying issues and root causes. 9. Develop action plans to drive service CSAT to over 90% on a consistent basis. 10. Develop reporting/metrics to enable us to handle our business effectively. 11. Support the seamless introduction of new products and technologies.
Education & Experience
Third level qualification (degree/ diploma) in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain Management or related field We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.