Senior Process Engineer for Panel Quality Engineering (PQE)
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is looking for a world-class Display Panel Quality Engineer(PQE) to lead the engineering and manufacturing activities to launch the next-generation display technologies for the displays in award-winning Apple products. The Display Process/quality Team is responsible for delivering the technologies with high quality products to enable the world’s best Apple display products! Each individual will serve as a focal point in process improvement and product quality of new display panels from the engineering build to the product ramp.
- Hands-on experience, in-depth technical knowledge, and proven track record in Display such as TFT-LCD, OLED(AM) and Encapsulation technology process.
- Demonstrated ability to perform display backplane/OLED/Encap processes.
- Capability to execute DOE, SPC, failure analysis and yield improvement
- Experienced in a basic display process technology and operation principles for TFT, OLED and Encapsulation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
PROCESS DEVELOPMENT - Assess a technology risk considering optimum design for manufacturability. Plan a validation exercises to demonstrate initial feasibility as well as manufacturing capability. - Review progress of development activities at supplier sites and serve as a point of escalation for critical process related issues. Assign follow-up action items, as needed, to drive ongoing improvements for process capability based on process specification. - Analyze test and validation results to provide technical recommendations for manufacturing. NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTION - Acts as a leading engineer to drive process development and capability assessment activities for product category. - Review product/process design documentations to ensure alignment with process capability. - Present timely, concise reports advising the readiness of manufacturing processes to diverse set of program stakeholders. - Establish validation procedures to determine acceptance of tooling into development builds as well as mass production. SUPPLIER EXECUTION - Review supplier’s design, process flow, equipment selection, DFM, and DOE proposals. Identify shortfalls and corrective actions to ensure design compliance. - Work with supplier engineering teams to map out process development exercises, secure resources, secure FA in order to improve yield and commit to schedules in the line with program goals. - Assess supplier’s production readiness to support build events and production ramp. Identify potential execution issues and provide recommendations to mitigate risk. - Ensure processes and suppliers are performing as expected during production ramp, immediately addressing escalations. - Monitor supplier’s process performance (Cpk) periodically to prevent quality issue.
Education & Experience
- - Background with transistor/optics for displays, materials, semiconductor process.
- - Knowledge of TFT, electrical and optical operations in display technology
- - OLED matters, EV & Encap process experience is plus
- - Ph.D or BS/MS with 5+ years experience in display manufacturing or semiconductor engineering areas.
- - Periods travel required (upto 50%) and flexible display experience is plus