Head of Programming, Seoul
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Apple Retail Stores represent a focal point in their local community - a place where technology intersects with the arts and education. We are focused on building experiences that inspire you to learn, create something new, and discover something you’ll only find at Apple. The Head of Programming is an evangelist of this vision. S/he is responsible for curating and delivering an ongoing program of culturally relevant and editorialized programming. The Head of Programming will partner closely with the Today at Apple Retail Marketing team and key Apple stakeholders to conceive, program, implement and execute events through the engagement of musicians, photographers, developers, entrepreneurs and educators, inspiring customers and enhancing the Apple Retail experience. The Head of Programming will also inspire field teams across all Apple-led programming.
- Event management or professional talent management for event or communication agency; Preferred 8 years of experience.
- Experience acting as spokesperson or ambassador for a high-profile brand.
- Experience managing high-profile projects and partnerships (both internal and external).
- A deep understanding of market-wide trends (including social media), themes, and current cultural events with grounding in PR and marketing fundamentals.
- Ability to discover, recommend, and source talent.
- Well connected within the event industry with connections with local talent.
- Passionate about exceptional hospitality and creating unforgettable guest experiences.
- Ability to successfully navigate and execute multiple large-scale projects simultaneously.
- Internal and external production management to ensure flawless visual and technical event execution.
- Strong presentation skills including experience presenting to large audiences.
- Discreet and professional with excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication and networking skills.
- Flexible project management style with the ability to quickly adapt and effect change.
Create the vision for the market or country that aligns with the brand and purpose. Leverage events, programs and sessions to inspire curiosity, learning, and loyalty, and create new owners. Cultivate and maintain relationships with external partners (e.g. cultural institutions, entertainment, art, and design industry professionals) as an ambassador of Today at Apple. Engage with and source Talent for high profile events (and in future local-led events) Work with Talent to build Social marketing integration in support of events and partner with the T@A Marketing team and local PR leadership to ensure events are promoted through all available channels and are accessible to diverse community audiences. Maintain a strong understanding of the business to build, optimise and manage programming and event concepts that establish the store identity within the community and follow the future vision of Apple Retail. Communicate passionately with store teams in partnership with OSO to drive Apple-led programming and to spread the word about upcoming events, both Talent and Local-led. Track, report, and provide insights on program results, challenges, and opportunities. Sourcing, appointing, briefing, and managing talent. Influence and guide store team members who support events programming in partnership with the store leadership team. Develop an integrated programming plan for the geographic area of responsibility, including operational requirements and budgeting when necessary. Partner with Retail Marketing to execute events within brand guidelines.