Environmental Initiatives Program Manager (m/f/d) - EMEIA
Brussels, Brussels-Capital Region, Belgium
At Apple, we’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways! Apple is deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Come and join us! The International Environmental Initiatives team mission is to ensure that Apple's products, manufacturing processes, and recycling programs exceed the strictest environmental regulatory requirements. We anticipate future trends and help to formulate strategies on environmental leadership programs. We support Apple's corporate environmental teams to deliver industry-leading initiatives to reduce our impact on climate change, conserve finite resources, and eliminate the use of harmful substances through smarter chemistry. Are you a communicator looking for your next career move? We are now looking for an Environmental Program Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that is passionate about developing and implementing stakeholder engagement and strategic communication pertaining to key environmental (regulatory) topics (circular economy, ecodesign, product take-back, recycling) in the EMEIA region.
- Proven experience of driving environmental programs; working with policy-makers, NGOs and think tanks, understanding of policy and stakeholder engagement processes;
- Good knowledge of product environmental regulations affecting consumer electronics; technical knowledge of software or product (eco)design is a plus;
- Ability to communicate complex regulations and technical information to internal partners.
- Consistent record of working with cross-functional, international teams;
- Experience in sales, or reputation as a sustainability champion would be a plus;
- Collaborates well in interdisciplinary project teams; Self-motivated and pro-active;
- Proficient in English and French is a must, excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Drive advocacy on circular economy topics in a cross-functional setting - Engage internally and externally on behalf of the company's environmental initiatives; - Build and strengthen partnerships of within Apple - Work with external research groups to bring relevant knowledge on emerging environmental initiatives, partnerships and assessment methods in-house - Support Apple’s Sales teams presenting Apple’s environmental credentials
Education & Experience
Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Communication, PR, Marketing, Political Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management and Sustainability, Ecology or a related field