Program Manager Environmental Initiatives, EMEIA
Brussels, Brussels-Capital Region, Belgium
At Apple, we’re a diverse collection of problem solvers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. Apple is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Come and join us! The International Environmental Initiatives team mission is to ensure that Apple's products, manufacturing processes, and recycling programs exceed the strictest environmental regulatory requirements. A compliance team at heart, we anticipate future trends and help to formulate strategies on environmental leadership programs. We support Apple's corporate environmental teams to deliver industry-leading initiatives to reduce our impact on climate change, conserve finite resources, and eliminate the use of harmful substances through smarter chemistry. Are you looking for your next career move? We are now looking for an Environmental Program Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that is passionate about being at the forefront of emerging environmental legislative trends. The role will focus on identifying environmental regulatory trends across the EU member states and at EU level, and developing engagement and advocacy approaches, carrying out technical advocacy and partner engagement pertaining to key environmental regulatory topics (circular economy, ecodesign, product take-back, recycling).
- Proven experience of driving environmental programs; understanding of policy and partner engagement processes;
- Established network with the circular economy community, incl. policy-makers, trade associations, NGOs and think tanks, on EU member state level
- Good knowledge of product environmental regulations affecting consumer electronics; technical depth is a plus
- Ability to communicate complex regulations and technical information to internal partners.
- Consistent record of working with cross-functional, international teams;
- Collaborates well in interdisciplinary project teams; Self-motivated and pro-active;
- Proficient in English is a must, excellent written and verbal communication skills; additional EU language skills, e.g. French, Italian, Spanish or German are a plus.
Drive advocacy on circular economy topics in a cross-functional setting Engage internally and externally on behalf of the company's environmental initiatives; Strategise and execute EU member state level advocacy in close collaboration with regulatory experts in our team. Develop partnership and stakeholder engagement opportunities on EU member state level Drive compliance programs on environmental product related regulation
Education & Experience
Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Communication, Political Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management and Sustainability, Ecology or a related field.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.