Senior Software Engineer - 3D Graphics, Rendering, and Engines
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Have you experienced the new 3D rendering and AR walking directions in Apple Maps? The MapDisplay team develops the map rendering system used in the Apple Maps app, as well as across the Apple ecosystem and in hundreds of third-party applications. We are looking for a motivated Graphics Rendering Software Engineer to join a passionate team of graphics and AR/VR engineers designing, prototyping, and implementing solutions to the challenges of rendering an interactive model of the world on screens ranging from Apple Watch to Apple TV. This is a phenomenal opportunity to push the boundaries of map rendering as part of a hands-on, collaborative team!
- High proficiency in C or C++
- Knowledge of the graphics pipeline, modern rendering techniques, and image processing
- Experience with modern graphics APIs (Metal, Vulkan, Direct3D 12, WebGPU) and shading languages (MSL, HLSL/GLSL, WGSL)
- Ability to solve problems in 3D geometry using linear algebra
- Experience with all stages of software development, from prototyping to performance optimization
- Solid debugging and problem solving skills
- Outstanding teamwork and communication skills
- Familiarity with AR/VR rendering technologies
We are the Maps team that is responsible for developing the industry-leading 3D experience for Apple Maps and our developers! We are looking for versatile engineers who are passionate about building products for millions of customers around the world. As a member of our team, you will be working on ground-breaking technology to develop algorithms and techniques that provide a spectacular user-experience across a range of use-cases and applications. Together, we will craft the next-generation graphics engine and work closely with our design team to deliver outstanding interactive graphics experiences.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PhD in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Computer Engineering and/or 2+ years of relevant industry experience with a track record of successful projects