Senior 3D Software Engineer (AR/VR Applications)
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for a Senior 3D Software Engineer to help us build cutting-edge 3D applications for our next-generation interactive computing platforms. Imagine yourself driving the development of amazing applications built on top of Apple’s most advanced technologies, while developing your expertise in Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR). As a core senior member of our team, your will leverage your expertise in building interactive 3D applications to innovate, architect, and execute complex and novel features; while working alongside your peers. You will also collaborate closely with organizations across Apple (Human Interface, Frameworks, etc.) to design and implement apps that will delight, inspire, and empower millions of users!
- Extensive track record of building and shipping complex interactive 3D applications and experiences on consumer platforms (mobile/web/game consoles/VR, etc).
- Deep knowledge of interactive 3D application fundamentals and technologies (rendering, interactions, game engine internals, etc).
- Extensive experience in modern software engineering practices (Object-oriented programming, functional programming, declarative user interfaces, test driven-development, etc).
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Detail-oriented approach to planning, execution, and maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to collaborate successfully with peers from diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Ability to drive results in a fast-paced and agile organization.
Apps and experiences are at the core of unleashing the potential of AR/VR on Apple's platforms. As a member of our team, you will be at the forefront of ideating, developing, and shipping groundbreaking experiences that build on top of the unique capabilities of AR and VR across a variety of areas. Our applications engineering team is uniquely positioned at the intersection of design, frameworks, operating systems, and low-level software — by joining us you will work closely with peers across these functions to deliver life-changing products to our customers. The ideal senior engineer for this role brings to bear deep expertise in 3D graphics or interactive 3D applications development and has a proven track record of shipping such experiences to customers. You thrive in a dynamic and agile organization charted with trailblazing the new medium of AR/VR. You love answering questions through prototyping and experimentation, and then translating these answers into shipping code that touches the lives of millions of customers. You lead by example by deploying best-practices, and advocate for quality in your work and the work of others. You respect debate and enjoy working within groups of different technical and non-technical backgrounds and diverse opinions.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- Optional: Expertise in 3D rendering and shader development on consumer platforms.
- Optional: Experience in prototyping of gaming concepts or user experiences in VR or on consumer platforms.
- Optional: Familiarity with Apple's development frameworks and technologies (Swift, ObjC, SwiftUI, UIKit, etc).
- Optional: Familiarity with ARKit.
- Optional: Experience in mentoring and/or providing technical leadership to groups of engineers.