AI/ML Language Engineer (Brazilian Portuguese)
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Machine Learning and AI
Apple's Machine Learning and AI team transform every Apple product and because we fully integrate hardware and software, we can collaborate to deliver amazing experiences while protecting user data. The Siri and Languages Technologies team build high quality solutions for all of Apple’s international customers, and deliver them to their favorite Apple devices, in over 40 languages and dialects. Join us and drive data quality to help our language engineers bring Siri to more users than ever before.
- Strong product-sense and driven by end user-experience
- Quick learner who can pickup new technology stacks and be able to deliver features
- Appetite to dig into data/logs and features to debug any level of system failures
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work independently as well as in a team; can take feedback and iterate on a solution in a collaborative environment
- Native Speaker and cultural awareness of Brazilian Portuguese
- Experience with designing, building, contributing to, and maintaining high quality large scale applications
- Can write performant and effective code following software engineering best practices with strong focus on code quality
- Strong software development and coding proficiency with at least one of these languages: Swift, Obj-C, Go, Rust
- Solid understanding of the software development process, including unit testing and release management
- Ability to identify, measure, and track key performance indicators of development processes
We are responsible for the end to end user experiences of Global Siri. As a language engineer for Siri in your language you can deal with ambiguity well, design large scale systems, write high quality code and are comfortable in contributing to existing systems and developing new ones. Excellent communication skills will be required to coordinate work across multiple teams. Specific Responsibilities Include: - Analyzing data and making data driven decisions to improve the user experience for specific markets - Conducting end to end quality or feature improvements — from problem space analysis and KPIs definition, ideation, prototyping to delivering and measuring success Working with product, design and client-side teams to ensure a great user experience - Designing and implementing language-specific and language agnostic user experiences through natural language and visual interactions that provide intelligent user assistance
Education & Experience
B.A. or B.S. degree preferred, or experience in related fields
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace