Client & Data Test Engineer, Apple Media Products
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Media Products Analytics QA team is responsible for the Quality and integrity of the data collected and reported on customer experience. We are seeking Client-Data Test Engineers to contribute to product level validation as well as the backend validation of Apple Top Charts and Popularity products & services.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Experience writing automation using Python
- Strong experience with Spark, Hadoop or other distributed systems
- Knowledge in CSS, HTML, JSON a plus
- Experience working with any Test Automation Framework is a plus. Demonstrate excellent bug reporting skills and the ability to communicate clearly with third parties
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong commitment to technical quality assurance as a key part of the software development cycle. Willingness to work cross-functionally.
- Results-oriented, persistent, and meticulous.
Day to day work involves bug reporting and isolation, test plan documentation, writing test case automation and working closely with other teams (engineering, project management, etc.). This position demands a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment. Build QA test plans and cases with the goal of 100% automation and reduction of regression test cycles Build test management tools/utilities and enhance existing automation platforms Work closely with cross-functional organizations, project teams and clients to develop test plans, execute test plans and cases, and deliver high quality products Act as a strong advocate for quality in the software development process Self-motivated and must be able to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgment in the absence of complete requirements Provide project managers with timely and accurate QA status and progress during all testing phases, including summarizing QA results at project conclusion Able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment Excellent verbal and written communication skills Good interpersonal skills and able to work with various cross functional teams to deliver high quality products.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant experience