Software Engineer, Traffic
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Apple services depend upon performant and reliable networking primitives. This includes implementations of common networking protocols and primitives for resilient service to service communication. These capabilities are packaged into ingress, egress, and mesh proxies at Apple scale. Team members are passionate about contributing to open source projects such as Envoy (http://envoyproxy.io/) and working across a large organization to meet Apple’s dynamic traffic needs.
- Understanding of networking and inter-process communication
- Knowledge of data plane (c/c++) and/or control plane (go, java) concepts
- Understanding of concurrency and multi-threaded concepts
- Understanding of performance analysis and optimizations
- Passionate about enabling internal partner teams
- Full product lifecycle ownership mindset (design → implementation → production)
Contribute and build traffic proxies for ingress, egress, and mesh that enable services at Apple’s scale. We are looking for individual contributors and team leaders to improve the networking stack for Apple services. You will have the opportunity to work with a team which has set its sights on improving impact across Apple.
Education & Experience
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent