Software Engineer, Traffic
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Apple services depend upon performant and reliable networking primitives. This includes implementations of common networking protocols and primitives for resilient service to service communication. These capabilities are packaged into ingress, egress, and mesh proxies at Apple scale. Team members are passionate about contributing to open source projects such as Envoy (http://envoyproxy.io/) and working across a large organization to meet Apple’s dynamic traffic needs.
- Understanding of networking and inter-process communication
- Knowledge of data plane (c/c++) and/or control plane (go, java) concepts
- Understanding of concurrency and multi-threaded concepts
- Understanding of performance analysis and optimizations
- Passionate about enabling internal partner teams
- Full product lifecycle ownership mindset (design → implementation → production)
Contribute and build traffic proxies for ingress, egress, and mesh that enable services at Apple’s scale. We are looking for individual contributors and team leaders to improve the networking stack for Apple services. You will have the opportunity to work with a team which has set its sights on improving impact across Apple.
Education & Experience
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.