Cloud ML Platform Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
As part of Apple Cloud Platform, our team is responsible for building libraries and services which form the foundations of mission-critical systems at Apple. As Machine Learning Engineers we work with machine learning models, training and data pipelines from many different teams at Apple, ensuring they are performant, available and optimized for the environment they will need to operate in, whether in the cloud or on device.
- Practical experience training and evaluating machine learning models.
- Understanding of latest distributed ML training algorithms and systems.
- Asynchronous/streaming programming experience (e.g.ReactiveStreams ,Dispatch ,Combine,orsimilar)
- Swift + iOS development experience.
- Experience in code optimisation and power/performance evaluation for modern device hardware ANE,ARM CPU/GPU, etc.
We write software in the Swift and Python programming languages to build services and infrastructure for machine learning; we write performance test frameworks, and run statistical analyses on different hardware deployments; we build jobs to extract transform and load data, and use machine learning platforms like Tensorflow and PyTorch to deliver ML training and inference. Our software has a growing user base and the team is looking to expand to build amazing products making the team a truly exciting place to work. We’re a collection of highly skilled and friendly engineers who value each other’s opinions and experience. We strive for excellence and believe strongly in the quality of our output. We have built a team of domain experts who specialise in specific core subject areas, and also have broad experience of cloud software services and platforms.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.