Systems Software Cloud Engineer, Platform Architecture
Seattle, Washington, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what we can accomplish together. Do you love crafting elegant cloud solutions to complex challenges? Can you intrinsically see the importance of every detail? At Apple, our Platform Architecture group is responsible for connecting our hardware and software into one unified system. Join this team, and you'll collaborate with engineers across Apple to build and deploy forward-looking prototype systems that contribute to the development of our world renowned hardware and software architecture. Apple’s Platform Architecture group is seeking a cloud focused, systems software engineer who will develop and support new technologies to support best-in-class chip development and verification in the cloud. You will work with and support our world leading silicon engineering teams on next generation chips, which end up in the hands of millions of users worldwide.
- Understanding and practical experience with HTTP, DNS, RPC frameworks, databases, and operating systems
- Experience with RPC frameworks (e.g. gRPC, Thrift, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL databases (e.g. Cassandra, Redis, Postgres)
- Knowledge of containers (Docker)
- Good programming (Go) and scripting skills (e.g. Python, YAML)
- Ability to debug complex systems
- Minimum 3 years experience
Work closely with internal customers to understand their requirements and workflows, and propose new features and ecosystem changes to streamline their experience using the platform. Share ownership of the team’s codebase, service architecture, tools, and developer experience and maintain a high-quality bar to ensure optimal development velocity. Work independently and lead deliverables to different teams. Excellent communication, analytical and documentation skills required. Occasional travel to development groups in the US and overseas.
Education & Experience
BS CS/EE or equivalent
- Container orchestration (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Exposure to Silicon workflows