Triage Engineer, AR/VR
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Would you like to make an impact on the quality of Apple’s products? We’re looking for a passionate Triage Development Engineer to work on tool development and triage engineering on some of Apple's most advanced emerging technologies, including augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR). As part of TDG, you’ll work cross-functionally to build tools, systems, and use engineering analysis to solve challenging debug problems and improve system debug-ability. You’ll be working in a dynamic environment, facing exciting new challenges daily. You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills, curiosity, debugging and/or white box experience and attention to detail.
- - Customer focused: Passionate about the customer experience and how we can improve it
- - Priority driven: Comfortable working in a continually changing, fast-paced environment and driving top issues to resolution
- - Technically agile: Ready to deep dive into technical areas daily, but also discuss and represent these topics to a non-technical audience
- - Great communicator: Excellent written/verbal skills, able to summarize key points and tie them back to product quality. Able to work with others to cut through ambiguity and to figure out how to bring issues to resolution
- - Working with others: A history of working with cross-functional teams to ensure successful products. Able to work with other groups to improve quality and set priorities. Able to influence even without direct authority
- - Innovation: Able to bring creativity to engineering, leading development of new and better ways of testing, automation, and other improvements
The ideal person for this role is a passionate development engineer with a background in triage or development engineering and working in a deeply-technical team. In this role, you will triage and prioritize incoming bugs by reducing them to actionable next steps. You’ll work as part of a talented and diverse team to ensure quick resolution of bugs, perform debug analysis and develop advanced tools for debugging software and/or hardware. You’ll need to be able to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle priorities, solve complex problems, and bring a deep technical background. Your leadership and communications skills will drive discussions across multiple organizations, cut through ambiguity, and allow you to partner within others on the team.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent degree—or equivalent experience