iOS Software Engineer
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
What happens when the world’s most innovative engineers collaborate with the world’s most creative storytellers? TV gets reinvented! The Apple TV app team created and manage the Apple TV app on iOS, macOS and tvOS platforms, which redefined and refined the way people watch their favorite shows, movies, and so much more — including everything they love from the major subscription services. Today, the team also manage one of the most exciting new realms at Apple: we bring viewers the critically acclaimed and award-winning Apple Originals in Apple TV+. The Apple TV App makes it possible for people around the world to easily access content from multiple video providers on their devices while helping those video providers promote and monetize their work. The group is responsible for delivering innovative features and managing the app on iOS, tvOS and macOS platforms. Apple TV app also integrates with platform features to enrich the experience outside the app, for example TV app Widget on iOS and iPad, Siri (queries like New Movies, Filter by Actor etc.), iOS Spotlight, tvOS Top Shelf, and many more.
- 3+ years of related experience
- You’ve deep understanding of object oriented design, memory management, and performance optimization.
- You’ve had to deal with debugging performance problems, and you’re comfortable rooting out performance bottle-necks.
- You have experience writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code. If you haven’t used GCD, you can learn it here. If you have, we’d like to hear from you.
- You enjoy paying attention to details almost as much as the big technical wins. You've a consistent record of completing projects on-time and to specification.
- You’re used to communicating with a diverse team, with both experts and novices, in technical and non-technical roles.
The Apple TV App team is seeking an energetic and self-driven software engineer who will play a central role in the development of future iterations of app and system integrations. On this team we work with talented engineers in a dynamic, technically demanding environment. As a member of our fast-paced group, we have the unique and rewarding opportunity to be part of a strategic project that shapes existing and upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day! Ideal candidates are well-versed in development standards, comfortable working in large code bases, can create tools and frameworks, and can balance multiple projects and deliverables. We value strong technical skills and the ability to successfully multi-task. Be a part of an impactful, innovative team making a difference.
Education & Experience
BS in CS or equivalent experience