Senior Software QA Engineer. Apple Media Products.
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
- Proven experience black box/white box testing Client-Server products
- Solid understanding of internet protocols, web proxies, caching and other Web related fundamentals
- Thorough knowledge of testing on MacOS, iOS, and Windows platforms
- Strong knowledge of the Store and available content types.
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Dedication to user-focused design & high quality technology
- Strong commitment to technical quality assurance as a key part of the software development cycle
- Willingness to work cross-functionally with other teams to make all products and deployments seamless for our customers
- Ability to lead projects and contribute as part of a team
The AMP Quality Team is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our group in a black box/white box role. Responsibilities include; performing functional, regression, ad-hoc and compatibility testing of the Editorial systems for our services and writing test case automation while working closely with other teams. Day to day work involves bug reporting and isolation, test plan documentation, writing test case automation and working closely with other teams (engineering, project management, etc.). This position demands a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or 5 years relevant experience
- Be extremely familiar with testing server-side software
- Have a good understanding of how CMS systems work
- Possess exceptional analytical skills in test case design and bug diagnosis
- Be dynamic and prepared to test/regress a high volume of changes on a day-to-day basis
- Demonstrate excellent bug reporting skills and the ability to communicate clearly with third parties
- Have the desire to perform end to end black box testing with a keen focus on the customer experience.