Hardware System Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
We are searching for self driven, passionate electrical engineers to provide design, validation, and manufacturing support. Our products are on the groundbreaking in every way: integration, connectivity, power consumption, fabrication, reliability, manufacturing scale, and design. Play a meaningful role in the development of Apple products, collaborating with the Cupertino-based design team in the process, including: - Product Design / Mechanical Engineering - HW design, prototype bring-up and electrical validation - Firmware, iOS - Acoustics, EMC, Reliability, Operations, etc. Additionally, craft positive relationships with the Contract Manufacturer’s EE team, and take a lead role in driving those teams to achieve our validation and manufacturing goals with a very high bar of quality. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The position is based in the Shanghai/Kunshan/Suzhou/Shenzhen area. Some international travel is required, to work side by side with engineers in Cupertino.
- You should have great EE fundamentals. This means you have a deep understanding of why our discipline works the way it does; you've developed an intuition and can apply it to new topics because you understand the basics. (Analog/digital/interface design, signal/power integrity, testing etc.)
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification.
- Have strong communication and collaboration skill to work with cross-function teams, contract manufacturers and vendors.
- Have a deep understanding and hands-on experience of general EE equipment including oscilloscopes, DMM’s, logic analyzer, VI tracer etc.
- Have a deep understanding and experience of low frequency interface likes I2C, SPI, UART, RS485 etc.
- Design and testing experience in some of the following areas: CPU/SOC, power(DC-DC converters, battery, power management, low power design), analog circuits, audio/camera/display/wireless integration and measurement, sensor design and integration.
- NICE TO HAVE:
- Excellent FA capability to deal with complex issues.
- Expertise in board CAD tools such as Cadence Concept & Allegro
- Experience crafting high volume products from beginning to end and dealing with contract manufacturers
- Experience with some advanced equipment including TDR, VNA, Spectrum Analyzer, EDX, SEM etc.
- Experience with leading PCB technology and electrical design/characterization of high GHz signals like: DDR3/4, PCIe gen4, USB4, LPDP, MIPI etc.
- Experience in low power embedded systems, from 8-bit and 16-bit micro-controllers to multi-core ARM based SoC’s, is deeply beneficial. Every µA is scared.
- Firmware and programming / scripting skills.
Leading and interacting with our contract manufacturers’ EE teams, driving them to delivery high quality work during NPI stage, including validation, failure analysis and design review. Develop understanding for an Apple-designed product through schematics and datasheets, as well as interactions with the Cupertino based design team Occasional circuit or system design, including component selection, schematic capture, board design and fabrication, and validation Work with cross-function team to define test plan/coverage. Help on schematic and PCB design/review etc.
Education & Experience