SWE - Technical Translator (Croatian), Localisation & Release Engineering
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Software and Services
Apple engineers have always focused on one person when they build software — the person who will use it. Working in our Software Group (SWE) you’ll see why every Apple product and service feels intuitive and simple, and why every aspect of this group’s work is built around a respect for the customer’s needs. Are you looking for a great opportunity to join a dynamic team passionate about delivering world-class localised software on some of the world’s most creative electronic products? Do you love the challenge of solving complex problems that have a direct impact on the user? Join the team responsible for the localisation of Apple software and Siri. We are looking for experienced technical translators to localise software and related content into Croatian. From interacting with your iPhone to editing a clip – we are the team that localise and influence that experience. Our localisation team is looking for highly motivated individuals with the right mix of technical and creative skills to provide translations and adaptations for our software.
- Fluency in Croatian and in English.
- Practical experience with CAT tools.
- Experience with technical translations for end-user software products into Croatian.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Up-to-date expertise of Croatian culture.
- Awareness of sensitivities for multilingual and multicultural issues.
- Outstanding organisational and communication skills
The environment is fast-paced, requiring the ability to manage workload with tight delivery schedules. In addition to project work, other opportunities include contributing to improving the tools to make software localisation workflows more efficient, helping to investigate the root causes of international issues that are found in localised software, evangelising best practices for localisation-friendly development and content, defining and driving improvements in our localised product. This position is highly suited to technical translators with previous localisation experience. It provides an opportunity to work within an exciting and supportive team, interact with other localisation teams at Apple, as well as engineering and QA teams, and gain valuable insights into the development process at Apple.
Education & Experience
Degree in Applied Linguistics, Translation and/or equivalent experience.
- -Experience with creating and maintaining style guides.
- -Experience with managing language glossaries.
- -Experience localising Apple product content.
- -LocQA experience.
- -Experience with natural language translation and computational linguistics.