Full Stack Engineer
Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
Imagine what we could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we could accomplish. Come join Hardware Engineering’s Tools and Data Analytics Team working on exciting internal web apps! We are looking for an imaginative, resourceful and enthusiastic full-stack web application engineer with an ability to create simple solutions to complex problems. Help us continue to make internal products that blend ease of use, powerful feature sets, and an unsurpassed attention to detail.
- THE MUST-HAVES:
- Fluent English
- Knowledge building web applications with any common web technologies (Java,Net, PHP, Ruby, Python)
- Solid experience with modern web frameworks and/or libraries such as Symfony, Laravel, Spark, Grails, Django, Ruby on Rails, EmberJS, Angular, http://ASP.Net, MonoRail
- Experience writing unit tests for web applications
- Experience in defining continuous integration build processes for frontend web development
- Experience in writing performant SQL through both raw queries and ORMs
- Knowledge of common design patterns in web development (MVC, MVVM, etc)
- Proven ability to follow development best practices for high quality software (CI, Vagrant, etc)
- Knowledge of PHP infrastructure technology stack (Apache/Nginx, Ubuntu/CentOS, MySQL, Memcache/Redis)
- Knowledge of ORM’s such as Doctrine (preferred) or Propel
- Exposure to iOS and OS X development with Swift or Objective-C a plus
- THE USUALS:
- Working knowledge of source control software such as Git (preferred) or SVN
- Exposure to Agile project management methodologies
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas and issues with peers and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies and implement in short time
- Comfortable working in a multi-discipline, geographically dispersed team
You will be part of a team of talented engineers. The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, passion for technology, and extensive web application development experience. From brainstorming through implementation, the Web Application Engineer will work with members of the Tools’ Team, as well as our division’s engineering, program management and executive sponsors. You must have a passion for developing software that is maintainable, scalable, and performant while delivering high quality user experiences that are simple to use. Must also possess excellent debugging skills and the ability to think on the fly when problems arise. As a full stack engineer, you should be able wearing many hats and work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines. Open communication and healthy debate are paramount to your success within the team.
Education & Experience
BA or BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree and relevant years of experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.