iOS Software Engineer
Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Hardware Engineering’s Tools and Data Analytics Team working on exciting internal apps! We are looking for an imaginative, resourceful and enthusiastic iOS software engineer with an ability to create simple solutions to complex problems. Help us build internal apps that blend ease of use, powerful feature sets, and an unsurpassed attention to detail. Experience with Swift is essential for this role. As a software engineer on the HWE Tools and Data Analytics team, you will be part of a team of talented web and iOS engineers. The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, passion for technology, and extensive iOS development experience. You will be expected to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines. Excellent communication (and reasonable healthy debate) are paramount to your success within the team.
- Fluent English
- 3+ years developing iOS applications for iPhone and iPad
- Deep understanding of Foundation and UIKit frameworks
- Experience creating highly interactive components using auto layout, animators, and custom gestures
- Knowledge of the Xcode toolchain for development, debugging, testing, and performance benchmarking
- Experience integrating with REST APIs and interfacing with multiple backend systems
- Understanding of what makes an excellent user interface; attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to follow development best practices for high-quality software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- iOS Audio development (AVFoundation & AudioToolbox) is a plus
- Experience writing unit tests for iOS
- Experience with server-side web development (PHP, Ruby on Rails) and databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Working knowledge of version control systems (git preferred)
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities
- Willingness to learn new technologies and use them in short time
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
You will work closely with engineers, program management, and executive sponsors throughout all phases of development. You should have a deep understanding of how to build maintainable and performant software while delivering simple, high-quality user experiences. You have excellent debugging skills and understanding of the suite of development tools bundled with Xcode. You will go beyond industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, think dynamically outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical environments. We promote innovation to improve our product performance and stay deeply focused on delighting our users. Come join us!
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, and 3+ years experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.