Engineering Program Manager
Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
Imagine what we could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we could accomplish. Come join Hardware Engineering’s Tools and Data Analytics Team working on exciting internal web apps! We are looking for an imaginative, resourceful and enthusiastic Engineering Program Manager with an ability to create simple solutions to complex problems. Help us continue to make internal products that blend ease of use, powerful feature sets, and an unsurpassed attention to detail.
- The Must-Haves:
- Experience with team management
- Experience with Agile Methodologies such as scrum, Kanban for large and distributed teams
- 3+ years experience managing teams crafting, implementing and supporting highly scalable applications and web services
- 5+ years experience building web applications with any common web technologies (Java, .Net, PHP, Ruby)
- Demonstrated ability to evangelize development standard methodologies for high quality software
- Fluent in English and Portuguese
- THE NICE-TO-HAVE:
- Exposure to iOS and OS X development with Swift or Objective-C a plus
- Exposure to teams utilizing modern web frameworks and/or libraries such as Symfony, Laravel, Spark, Grails, EmberJS, Angular, MonoRail
- THE USUALS:
- Working knowledge of source control software such as Git (preferred) or SVN.
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Brainstorm and communicate technology ideas and issues with peers and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new methodologies and implement in short time
- Comfortable working in a multi-discipline, geographically dispersed team
- At times if projects offer any ambiguity pose the ability to find a path to move forward
- Exceptional team motivator
You will be part of a team of talented full stack web engineers, UX UI engineers, QA engineers, data scientists and iOS engineers. The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, passion for technology, and extensive experience leading advanced web application development. From brainstorming through implementation, the Engineering Manager will work with members of the Tools’ Team, as well as our division’s engineering, program management and executive sponsors. You must be able to lead cross-functional communication between Apple Internal project teams and external vendors. You Must also possess the ability to see around corners, mitigate risk and the ability to think on the fly when problems arise. As an Engineering Manager, you must wear many hats. You should be able to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines. Open communication and consistent debate are paramount to your success within the team as the ability to empower teams by focusing on the continuous improvement of engineering practices.
Education & Experience
MS preferred, BA or BS minimum in Computer Science or equivalent degree, and 5-7 years experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.