iOS Software Engineer
Recife, Pernambuco, Brasil
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Come join Hardware Engineering’s Tools and Data Analytics Team working on exciting internal apps! We are looking for an imaginative, inventive and hardworking iOS software engineer with an ability to build simple solutions to complex problems. Help us build internal apps that blend ease of use, powerful feature sets, and an outstanding attention to detail. Experience with Swift is essential for this role.
- 3+ years developing iOS applications for iPhone and iPad
- Know how to write readable, idiomatic and maintainable Objective-C and are willing to follow already defined coding guidelines and workflows
- Deep understanding of Foundation and UIKit frameworks
- Solid experience in Cocoa design patterns and API design
- Experience building highly interactive components using auto layout, animators, and custom gestures
- Knowledge of the Xcode toolchain for development, debugging, testing, and performance benchmarking
- Experience integrating with REST APIs and working with multiple backend systems
- Understanding of what makes an excellent user interface: attention to details
- Proven ability to follow development standard methodologies for high-quality software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English and Portuguese is required.
As a software engineer on the HWE Tools and Data Analytics team, you will be part of a reciprocal team of hardworking web and iOS engineers. The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, passion for technology, and extensive iOS development experience. You will work closely with engineers, program management, and executive sponsors throughout all phases of development. You should have a deep knowledge of how to build maintainable and performant software while delivering simple, high-quality user experiences. You must have excellent debugging skills and understanding of the suite of development tools bundled with Xcode. You are going to be encouraged to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines. Excellent communication (and reasonable balanced debate) are paramount to your success within the team.
Formação e experiência
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, and 3+ years experience.
- - Experience writing unit tests for iOS
- - Knowledge of low-level C based libraries
- - Experience with server-side web development (PHP, Ruby on Rails) and databases (MySQL, Postgres) is a plus
- - Working knowledge of version control systems (git preferred)
- - Ability to multitask and manage priorities
- - Ability to learn new technologies and use them in short time
- - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- - Comfortable working in a multi-discipline, geographically dispersed team
- - Exposure to Agile project management methodologies