Engineering Project Manager
Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Come join Hardware Engineering’s Tools and Data Analytics Team working on exciting internal web and native applications. We are looking for an imaginative and inventive Engineering Project Manager that thrives on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible, to guide us making internal products that blend ease of use with powerful integrated feature sets all with an outstanding attention to detail.
- Experience with project management tools, effectively dealing with team, scope, communication, partners and risk management
- Experience with Agile Methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban for large distributed teams
- Demonstrated ability to evangelize development standard methodologies for high quality software
- Proficient in English and Portuguese
As an Engineering Project Manager, you will be part of a collaborative team of hardworking UX UI engineers, full stack web engineers, iOS engineers, Data Scientists, and QA engineers. The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, passion for technology, and extensive software engineering project management experience. From brainstorming through implementation, as an Engineering Project Manager, you will manage the development and implementation processes across several of Hardware Engineering’s internal products and services. You will coordinate departmental or multi-functional teams, passionate about delivering new applications or upgrading existing products. You will also monitor the project’s metrics from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and tracking budgets and spending. You should be able to coordinate multi-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints. As an Engineering Project Manager, you should be comfortable wearing many hats. You should be able to work in an agile environment with changing priorities and critical deadlines. Open communication and healthy debate are paramount to your success within the team as well as the ability to empower teams by focusing on the continuous improvement of engineering standard methodologies.
Education & Experience
BA or BS minimum or equivalent degree, and 3-5 years’ experience.
- THE NICE-TO-HAVE:
- - Hands on leading teams for Xcode OS X development, Swift or Objective-C a plus
- - Exposure to teams utilizing modern web frameworks and/or libraries such as Symfony, Laravel, Spark, Grails, EmberJS, Angular, MonoRail
- THE USUAL:
- - Working knowledge of source control software such as Git.
- - Ability to multi-task and manage task prioritization and manage the information effectively across the organization
- - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- - Must be able to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas and issues with peers and management
- - Thrive for data integrity, scalability, high availability and easy maintainability
- - Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- - Willingness to learn new methodologies and implement in short time
- - Comfortable working in a multi-discipline, geographically dispersed team
- - At times if projects offer any ambiguity pose the ability to find a path to move forward
- - Team motivator